MANDATED SCHOOL IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS BY THE MASSACHUSETTS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Requirements apply to ALL students including individuals from another country attending or visiting classes or educational programs as part of an academic visitation or exchange program. In ungraded classrooms, grade 7 requirements apply to all students > 12 years. Requirements apply to all students, even if over 18 years of age.
MANDATED HEALTH SCREENINGS BY THE MASSACHUSETTS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Hearing: Grades 7 & 10
Vision: Grades 7 & 10
Height & Weight (BMI): Grades 7 & 10
Posture (Scoliosis): Grades 6 through 9
If you do not want your child to participate in any of these screenings or they are being followed by their MD or a specialist, please fill out the Screening Exemption Form and bring it to the Nurse’s Office prior to Screenings. You can obtain the form by contacting the nurse or main office.
Screenings take place during the month of October.
MD Physical Exams are required of all students in Grades 7 & 10 dated within 13 months.
A copy of recent Physical Exam is due by September 30TH.
GOALS OF THE SCHOOL HEALTH SERVICES PROGRAM
- To ensure the safety and well being of all students
- Provide an office environment that will welcome students who are feeling ill
- Provide plan of care for students with medical issues
- Maintain school health records of all students
- Screening students as identified by Mass Dept. of Public Health