Hopedale Public Schools offers a fee-based transportation program.
MONDAY, AUGUST 17 AND CLOSE AT 3:45 PM ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 21
The bus fee for the 2020 – 2021 school year is:
$250.00 per student, with a family cap of $500.00 when paid by 3:45 pm on August 21, 2020
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT THAT TIME
- STUDENTS MUST BE PRE-SCREENED AT HOME FOR ILLNESS/SYMPTOMS AND WASH HANDS PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT BUS STOP.
- ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK FOR THE ENTIRE RIDE.
- STUDENTS WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE SAFETY GUIDELINES WILL BE UNABLE TO RIDE.
- ALL STUDENTS WILL HAVE ASSIGNED SEATING, AS TO ONE PERSON PER SEAT.
- EACH STUDENT WILL LOAD THE BUS STARTING WITH THE BACK OF THE BUS FIRST AND UNLOAD FROM THE FRONT WITH ALL BUS STOPS IN THE ORDER TO MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- BUS STOPS MUST REMAIN THE SAME FOR MORNING AND AFTERNOON.
- AT A TIME WHEN BUS CAPACITY AND SCHOOL SCHEDULES INCREASE, MORE STUDENTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SIGN UP. BUS CAPACITY IS DETERMINED BY THE DEPT OF EDUCATION GUIDELINES.
- DRIVERS WILL BE WEARING MASKS AND BUSES WILL BE SANITIZED BETWEEN RUNS.
- ONLY BACKPACKS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE BUS, PLACED ON LAPS. NO SPORTS EQUIPMENT.
All Hopedale elementary school students (grades K-6) who reside less than or equal to two miles from their designated school. NOTE: Students in grades K-6 who reside greater than two miles from their school are not subject to the bus fee but must submit a registration form to reserve a seat.
All Hopedale High School students (grades 7-12). NOTE: Bus passes are required for use of the Late Bus when a start date has been determined to begin late buses.
Students eligible for free/reduced lunch are not subject to the bus fee but must register to reserve a seat.
Payment of bus fee does not guarantee a seat on the bus. Seats will be assigned to students as long as there is room on the bus.
NOTE: Requests for transportation for Hopedale students to a stop other than the student’s home address will not be allowed due to the seating arrangements and order of bus stops.
Online payment is available at https://unipaygold.unibank.com/CustomerInfo.aspx
Registration is not complete until registration form and payment is made.
Due to the volume of registrations, confirmation is unavailable from Transportation Director.
Bus passes will be mailed over the summer. Bus routes will be emailed to those that completed registration and received a bus pass.
As in the past, instruments have been allowed on the buses. Due to increased ridership, the list below will be adhered to. If you have an instrument that will be required to be at school on any particular day, please read the following. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
EXAMPLES OF INSTRUMENTS THAT CAN SAFELY FIT ON STUDENT’S LAP:
- TRUMPET (ON FLOOR BETWEEN STUDENT’S LEGS)
- TROMBONE (ON FLOOR BETWEEN STUDENT’S LEGS)
- ALTO SAX (ON FLOOR BETWEEN STUDENT’S LEGS)
- BELL KIT
EXAMPLES OF INSTRUMENTS NOT ALLOWED ON THE SCHOOL BUS:
- FRENCH HORN
- MUSIC STANDS