Preschool classes are available to children who reach the age of 2 years nine months as of August 31st. Depending on age, parents may choose to send their child to preschool either two, three or four days. Also offered is a full day (4 and 1/2 days per week) preschool or pre-kindergarten class.
The Bright Beginnings preschool program is committed to providing all children with a wide range of developmentally appropriate practices where they are able to develop physically, socially, emotionally and cognitively at their own pace. Our program supports the relationship between children, their families and the preschool staff.
All learning activities are presented through play. These activities engage the children to explore, experiment, imitate, ask questions and be questioned to further their thinking and program solving skills.
Every child has the right to:
- Learn with their peers
- Feel a sense of belonging
- Take risks in their learning
- Explore in a safe & nurturing environment
- Use their individual learning styles to meet expectations
- Develop an understanding of individual learning differences
Our teachers are licensed through the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). Professional staff development is provided on an on-going basis throughout our school year. The BBC staff utilizes five key aspects of developmentally appropriate practices which include:
- Creating a caring and supportive community of learners
- Teaching to enhance development in all areas
- Planning appropriate curriculum
- Assessing children’s learning
- Developing positive relationships with families and the community